Monday, 13 April 2015

Initial FMP Ideas

When it comes identifying the strengths of my practice I think I should be focusing on using abstraction and surrealism, decorative qualities, architectural and building drawings, composition and perhaps typography. These are things that crop up most in my work so I should work with them to produce my FMP. I prefer to produce a singular image or a set of singular images rather than a narrative. My initial thoughts would be to create a set of illustrations that all have a common message or meaning to string them together. However, I don't want to be thinking too much about what I want my final piece to look like, or be exactly as this could limit my research and ideas. 
Now that I have identified my strengths, I can refer back to my previous research in prep. for my proposal and see what it is I may want to communicate when it comes to my FMP. 
Some things I now need to consider are what communication mechanisms I want to use (e.g surrealism, symbolism, metaphors etc.), what I want the general intent to be (e.g. to educate, entertain, confuse, challenge etc.). I will consider possible references I can look at to analyse so I can further my knowledge on how others have used the communication techniques I am interested in using. 

Further FMP Ideas

As mentioned in the previously, I often choose to draw buildings and architectural features that I see so the idea of creating a travel/ location based piece is very appealing to me and as this is definitely a strength and reoccurring focus in my practice I think I will be able to produce work that is a success in terms of what I decide I want to communicate. 
The idea of text within an illustration also appeals as I like this element to bring further context and insight into a piece. I have yet to decide how I will gain this context of text but upon further exploration of my ideas I will find this out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment